We Connect Construction cannot and will not be liable for any losses, damages or costs arising from your failure to comply with these requirements.
1. This website (“the Website”) is operated by We Connect Construction, Company Number 9658448 and whose registered address is Vantage House, Crown Street, Bolton, BL1 2RU (“We Connect Construction”).
2. Please read these Terms & Conditions carefully before using the Website. By accessing any part of the Website, you shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms & Conditions in full, regardless of whether or not you choose to register as a member on the Website. If you do not accept these Terms & Conditions, you must leave the Website immediately.
3. We Connect Construction may revise these Terms & Conditions at any time by posting an update on the Website. Your continued use of the Website after any such change constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms & Conditions and they shall be binding on you. You should therefore check the Website from time to time to review the then current Terms & Conditions. These Terms & Conditions were last updated in April 2015.
1. Whilst We Connect Construction endeavours to ensure that the Website is normally available 24 hours a day, it shall not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access to the Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for any other reasonable cause.
2. You acknowledge that whilst We Connect Construction endeavours to ensure that information on the Website and any related material provided to you by We Connect Construction, whether by email or otherwise (“the We Connect Construction Materials”)) is accurate and complete, it is provided only for general information, is not intended to address your particular requirements and does not constitute any form of advice or recommendation by We Connect Construction. You acknowledge that the We Connect Construction Materials should not be relied upon by you in making (or refraining from making) any specific investment or other business or personal decisions and acknowledge that professional advice should be obtained before making any such decision. Finally, you acknowledge that some of the content may be supplied by third parties and the accuracy and completeness of it will not have been checked by We Connect Construction.
3. We Connect Construction will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website and the We Connect Construction Materials do not contain or promulgate any viruses or other malicious code. However, it is recommended that you should virus check all such materials and regularly check for the presence of viruses and other malicious code.
3. Use of Website Content
1. All intellectual property rights in the We Connect Construction Materials are reserved by We Connect Construction.
2. You agree that in using the We Connect Construction Materials you shall (except where otherwise agreed in writing with We Connect Construction):
a. use them only in accordance with the following permitted uses: i. viewing them on a computer screen and printing not more than one copy of them (and not further copying them); ii. where and to the extent (only) that permission to download and store them is specifically granted in the relevant We Connect Construction Materials (if at all), downloading and storing the content on the hard disk of your computer or portable media but not making any further transfer or copy of it; and iii. making only such other use (if any) of them as may be specifically authorised in the We Connect Construction Materials. For the avoidance of doubt, you agree not to distribute, reproduce, modify, store, transfer or in any other way use any of the We Connect Construction Materials (including as part of any database, library, news, information, archive, website or similar service) other than as set out above.
b. not create a database (electronic or otherwise) that includes any We Connect Construction Materials, without prior consent;
c. not disseminate advertisements on the Website or use the We Connect Construction Materials for any other commercial purposes (which would include using them to promote or encourage the sale of your goods/services);
d. not transmit or re-circulate any We Connect Construction Materials to any third party (unless specifically authorised to do so by We Connect Construction);
e. not remove the copyright or trade mark notice(s) from the We Connect Construction Materials;
f. not disseminate any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
g. not disseminate any material which is or may infringe the rights (including intellectual property rights) of any third party or be unlawful, threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy, which may cause annoyance or inconvenience or may restrict or inhibit the use of the Website by any person or which constitutes or encourages conduct that may be considered a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability in any country in the world;
h. not disseminate any material which does or may bring We Connect Construction or any of its brands or subsidiaries into dispute or in any way damage their reputation;
i. not disseminate any material that may interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment, including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data; and
j. not post link(s) that take users to material that contravenes any of the above restrictions.
3. Additional terms may apply to: a. any purchases you make through the Website; b. registration to the Website and/or any other email alert or other related services; and c. any promotion, competition or draw appearing on the Website.
4. Use of Software
Copyright in any software that is made available for download from the Website and/or the We Connect Construction Materials belongs to We Connect Construction or its suppliers. Your use of the software is governed by the terms of any licence agreement that may accompany or be included with it. Do not install or use any software unless you agree to such licence agreement.
5. User Generated Content
1. The pages of the Website where you are capable of posting content are provided for your private, non-commercial exchange of lawful, relevant, fair and appropriate information, opinions and comment. Use of the Website that is inconsistent with those stated purposes is strictly prohibited. By submitting any content to the Website, you grant We Connect Construction the right to use such content and all material embodied therein for any purposes including, without limitation, to edit, copy, reproduce, translate, disclose, post and/or remove such content from the Website
2. We Connect Construction reserves the right (but not the obligation) at its sole discretion to refuse or remove any content that is posted to, or available on, the Website without the need to give any reasons for doing so. However, We Connect Construction will not review the materials that you or anyone else makes to the Website and therefore, unless we are specifically notified of the nature of any item of content, you cannot assume that We Connect Construction is aware of it. If you object to the publication of any material placed on the Website please contact We Connect Construction and we will take whatever action we deem appropriate.
3. We Connect Construction accepts no responsibility for any statements, material or other submissions placed on the Website by users.
6. Links to and from other websites
1. Links on the Website to third party websites are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you leave the Website. We Connect Construction has not reviewed these third party websites and does not control and is not responsible for these websites or their content or availability. We Connect Construction therefore does not endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found on them, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to the Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
2. You may link to the home page of the Website but strictly only on the basis that you do not replicate the home page of the Website, and subject to the following conditions: a. you do not create a frame or any other browser or border environment around the Website; b. you do not in any way imply any endorsement by We Connect Construction other than with its written consent or misrepresent your relationship with We Connect Construction; c. you do not use any logos or trademarks displayed on the Website without the express written permission of We Connect Construction; d. you do not link from a website that is not owned by you; and e. your website does not contain content that is distasteful, offensive or controversial, that infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
3. You may link to other pages of the Website only with the prior written consent of We Connect Construction and subject always to the obligations set out in Clause
6.2. If you wish to do so, please contact We Connect Construction.
1. To access certain parts of the Website, We Connect Construction may require you to register and provide certain information about yourself. Such registration shall be subject to specific terms of registration. When you register you also agree to: a. provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration form (such information being the “Registration Data).
2. Where you register on the Website, you will be allocated a user name and password. These account details must be used solely by you; sharing your user name and password with any other person or making it available to multiple users on a network is strictly prohibited. Accordingly, you agree to:
a. maintain the security of your user name and password and be fully responsible for all use of the Website made using your user name and password;
b. immediately notify We Connect Construction if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your user name.
c. ensure that you exit from your website account at the end of each session.
8. Trade Marks
All We Connect Construction trademarks (whether registered or unregistered) and graphics, logos, designs, page headers and button icons are the intellectual property rights of We Connect Construction and neither they nor any confusingly similar versions may be used by you including (but not limited to) as part of any trademarks and/or domain names without the prior written consent of We Connect Construction other than for the purpose of referring to We Connect Construction and its associated brands lawfully and in good faith (only).
9. Suspension of access to the Website and User Indemnities
1. If, for any reason, We Connect Construction believes that you have not complied with any of these Terms & Conditions it may, at its sole discretion, cancel your access to the registration sections of the Website immediately and without giving you any advance notice.
2. Without prejudice to the provisions of Clause
9.1, you agree to compensate We Connect Construction in respect of any claims, losses, expenses and/or liabilities (including legal fees) which arise from your use of the Website and/or the We Connect Construction Materials (or by a third party using your user name and password) including in particular (but not limited to) any statements, contributions or other content posted on the Website or any breach of Clause
10. Limitation of We Connect Construction’s Liability
1. We Connect Construction will not be liable to you for any loss or damage caused by We Connect Construction or its employees or sub-contractors in circumstances where: a. there is no breach of a legal duty of care owed to you by We Connect Construction (or its employees or sub-contractors); or b. such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach; or c. in respect of any increase in the loss or damage resulting from your actions.
2. Without prejudice to Clause 10.1 but subject to Clause
10.3, any liability of We Connect Construction arising in respect of your use of the Website and/or the We Connect Construction Materials (whether in tort, contract or otherwise) shall be limited in aggregate to five hundred euros (€500) per event unless otherwise agreed in writing between us. 3. Nothing in these Terms & Conditions shall exclude or limit We Connect Construction’s liability for:
a. death or personal injury caused by the negligence of We Connect Construction and/or its employees negligence;
b. fraudulent misrepresentation by We Connect Construction and/or its employees.
11. Privacy and Cookies Policy
The provision of personal information by you and use of it and cookies by We Connect Construction is subject to We Connect Construction’s Privacy and Cookies Policy available as a link to this Website.
1. In the event that any provision of these Terms & Conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these Terms & Conditions shall remain valid and enforceable.
2. These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the United Kingdom and the courts of the United Kingdom shall have exclusive jurisdiction.